Evolution: Demigods in Training
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Map options

3 posters

Go down

Map options Empty Map options

Post by Razapan Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:20 am

To everyone about to become involved.

Right now I'm working on designing the map we'll be playing on. In the rules, there's a sample version of the map, a circle inscribed within a square grid. Using a map like that is option one. It's big advantages are that it's simple and easy to work with. On the other hand, since we're using paint (or possibly powerpoint) to edit it, it will, by its nature, remain very minimalism. While simple designs are sometimes best, I'm a big proponent of the idea that a bit of attractive design goes a long way in promoting immersion.

Enter option two. This:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

A hex based map would be more difficult to work with in some ways. For instance, Steve and I would have to figure out an impartial way of randomly adding special hexes. However, the HexMapper java app is remarkably customizable, and the end produce looks MUCH better than the paint-map does.

I'm personally ok with either, though I think I'm leaning more towards hexes than a grid. Does anyone else have an oppinion?
Razapan
Razapan
Admin

http://thestrangestfinch.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Map options Empty Re: Map options

Post by CommodoreBubblesworth Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:31 am

The large problem I see with hexes is how to note the motion of ones civilization. Without an easy way to refer to a specific hex things might get tricky. I am, however in favor of the hex map, because it makes things more dynamic.
CommodoreBubblesworth
CommodoreBubblesworth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Razapan Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:13 am

Patrick (Grailer_Diomede) is on board with the hex map also.
Razapan
Razapan
Admin

http://thestrangestfinch.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by RavensVigil Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:06 pm

I also vote hex.
RavensVigil
RavensVigil

Back to top Go down